RYI is delighted to offer a limited number of merit-based scholarships for BA and MA students each year. These awards are made primarily on the basis of academic achievement at RYI. The value of each award is between thirty and fifty percent of the applicable tuition fee. Awards are made in the spring for two consecutive semesters of study starting in the fall. Merit-based scholarships are not available for summer program students.
Eligibility: who can apply?
In order to apply for a merit-based scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled in a BA or MA program, having already completed two consecutive semesters of study.
- Have taken at least twelve credits in two consecutive semesters of study at RYI.
- Have achieved a GPA of 3.2 or higher for their two most recent semesters.
- Be enrolled in, and attending, classes earning a minimum of twelve credits in the semester of application. (Note: failure to pass any class during the semester of application will render a student ineligible to receive an award.)
- Be willing to enroll in, and attend, classes earning at least twelve credits in the semester for which the award is granted. (Note: failure to pass any class during the fall semester will render a student ineligible for the award in the spring.)
- Be in good standing with RYI, for example, having no outstanding debts.
To apply for the merit-based scholarship, please complete and submit the application form found here.
Timing and Award Decisions
Applications from eligible students are accepted from April 1 to April 30.
Decisions related to scholarship awards are made by RYI's financial aid committee in June with applicants being notified of decisions by July 1.
As a condition of receiving a scholarship, successful applicants are required to prepare one 250-word article with suitable images per semester, two in total per year, for publishing on RYI's Student Blog.